Tuesday, April 3

Re-purposing the crib skirt

My son reached that point where he was standing up and threatening to throw himself over the crib railings unless we lowered the crib mattress to the lowest level. The sad part is that once we lower the mattress all the way the skirt also needs to be removed. Single tear. I used the ruffle to trim his curtains and am very happy with the results. I gave the fabric a second life that will be able to last quite a long time. 
His curtains were too short anyway so adding the trim solved that problem as well. I ironed the skirt onto the curtain panel since as you know I have yet to figure out the sewing machine. 

Tutorial below. 







I didn't need the green fabric so I trimmed it off. 


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! We bought several pieces of the Jungle Friends set at Pottery Barn (http://bit.ly/1egG41l), but the crib skirt doesn't fit our crib. I've refused to get rid of it because I love it so much. Now, I'm thinking I could either attach to the curtains or create a cute valance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments! I love your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...